I tend to start planning the new year around this time, and that always involves revising my bucket list. Years ago someone said that you shouldn't stop at a 100 item bucket list, and to keep going until you reach 108. (Which can be quite a challenge!) I don't know what the significance of that number was for the person who suggested it, so I looked it up online. The number 108 in numerology means “alive, living or life.”
I always feel more alive after revising my bucket list. Hawaii used to be at the very top of my list for the past 20 years or more, so it felt amazing to be able to remove that from the list. (Even though I don't officially arrive there for another 20 days!)
Anyway, I thought I would share my bucket list today. Perhaps if I publicly announce that these are my dreams, more of them will come true! There's a really cool book called The Wish List by Barbara Ann Kipfer that is just full of ideas to add to your bucket list. I love to flip through it at this time of year and check off the items accomplished with a big, proud, red check mark!
~Big Bucket List of 108 Dreams ~
- To write a book that is well-loved, helpful, and gets reprinted over and over.
- To go to Kauai to celebrate the publishing of my book!
- To have a big claw foot tub in my bathroom.
- To have a washer and dryer that work well.
- To have a hybrid pickup with camper shell
- To travel and have adventures all my life!
- To finish a quilt.
- Smoke fish.
- To be completely organized and clutter-free.
- To have a yard that makes me feel at peace.
- To learn to like and love people again.
- To go to Jamaica.
- To go to the VanGogh Museum again.
- To make an indie film.
- To create unique art fashions.
- To visit Egypt.
- To visit Paris.
- To have a tribe that accepts me as I am.
- Experience total forgiveness.
- Productive organic garden.
- To see the Louvre.
- To sell my creations easily, abundantly, and for a good price.
- Digital art proficiency.
- Learn slide guitar.
- Visit the other Hawaiian Islands.
- Hop a train.
- Ride a SF cable car.
- Go to SF Chinatown.
- Close eyes, point to a place on the map and go there.
- Stroll Haight-Ashbury with flowers in my hair.
- Heal my large, gaping wounds.
- Invent a holiday.
- Meet Tom Waits and become friends with him.
- Go to City Lights Bookstore and meet Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
- Write songs.
- Build furniture.
- Tour Europe.
- Live comfortably off-the-grid.
- Visit Venice Beach.
- Visit Catalina.
- Visit Stonehenge.
- Create an organic fast food restaurant.
- Learn how to ride a motorcycle.
- Visit the Northen-most point in the USA: Northwest Angle, Minnesota (for lower 48) and Point Barrow, Alaska
- Visit the Eastern-most point in the USA: West Quoddy Head, Maine
- Visit Venice, Italy
- Visit Greece
- Heal my vision and see 20/20 again.
- Have a retirement plan
- Go to a 5 star restaurant in Paris
- Plan an amazing, adventurous, unforgettable 50th birthday!
- Write a children’s book
- Swim with the dolphins
- Swim with the stingrays
- Visit the Sistine Chapel
- Visit The Matisse Chapel:
- Swing on a trapeze
- Learn to read music
- See the Northern Lights
- Learn to throw pottery
- Learn to do stained glass
- See the lava flows in Hawaii.
- Visit Martha’s Vineyard.
- Fly first class
- See a whale up close
- See the wonders of the world:
- See the migration of the monarch butterflies
- Eat at the Four Seasons
- Take a life drawing class.
- Meet Willie Nelson
- Go from London to Paris via the Chunnel.
- Visit the Colosseum
- Visit the Acropolis
- Find a 4-leafed Clover
- Visit Central Park
- Visit the Statue of Liberty
- Visit South Africa
- Own a Willie’s Station wagon
- Create a new board game
- Experience zero gravity
- Ride a flight pack (Like in Flash Gordon)
- Ride a Segway
- Swim in Puerto Rico’s phosphorescent bay
- Visit Oaxaca
- Learn how to silk screen
- Slide down the natural water chute in Kauai
- Write my life story
- Make good money doing what I love
- Knit a blanket.
- Learn to play chess
- Do something amazing with my journals!
- Successfully grow a magnolia seboldeai
- Learn to hear God speaking to me, and to heed His voice.
- Find a way to grow things, in spite of the gophers
101)Successfully grow Himalayan blue poppies
102)Love and accept myself completely
103) Paint my masterpiece
104) Soak at Esalen
105) Take a class with Storm
106) Grow a nectarine tree from a pit
107) Take underwater photos at the reef in Hawaii
108) Take a painting class with Flora Bowley